Shrikant Ingalhalikar, (age 64 years) is a mechanical engineer and a plastic processing machinery manufacturer by profession. He owns a factory near Pune.
- He has a passion for nature since his childhood. As a young man he studied birds with great interest. Birds of prey have been his special interest. He has studied breeding biology of Black-necked Cranes in Ladakh on a special field project in 1978. He was also interested in other facets of nature such as plants, butterflies, frogs, reptiles and animals.
- He has a keen interest in associations between various elements of nature. He seriously pursued study of plants through his interest in associations. He realized that there was dearth of field guides on flowering plants. It was in 1997 that he took up extensive exploration and study of flowering plants in Sahyadri, the north Western Ghats of India. Since then he has earned a good reputation as an amateur botanist and has produced several field guides on the flora of Sahyadri. He has been writing popular articles in magazines on nature since last 25 years.
- He is not a wild life photographer in conventional sense but has improvised on techniques of photography for wild flowers. He has conducted exhibitions of photographs of wild flowers in several cities in Sahyadri region.
- He has studied ‘arboricuture’, the technique of planting, training, growing and transplanting trees. He is a consultant on landscaping and tree plantation projects. He has studied a special technique for eradication of harmful trees that grow on walls of old structures.
- He is creating a unique arboretum near Pune for conservation of rare arboreal plants of Sahyadri.
- Corolla Publications is a publishing house is owned by Shrikant Ingalhalikar.